Thursday, April 26, 2012

JJC 419 SQUAD LAMBASTS D’BANJ “I EVEN GIVE YOU GIRL, 419″ (INTERVIEW TEXT)



Okay this is the ish right here, I watched this video on Nigezie.com where JJC just said the worst that could be said about anyone really but this time about D’banj. While he tried to be nice to Don Jazzy, he actually said a few not so cool things about him too but D’banj was at the end of the missiles. I was so jobless I had to write out the words for you – I was actually very tired and cut 2 hours out of my planned 5 hour sleep to do this but if you enjoy reading it then it’d be worth it. Make sure you see the video though. The D’banj-Don Jazzy war just got expanded because even Wande Coal was “implicated”

Interview below unedited:

What’s up this is JJC, aka Mr. skills, aka baba gbogbo won (means “their father”), yes, this is what you call the exclusive and the reason it’s the exclusive is because I don’t normally talk about this but today I saw an article on the internet which absolutely took off the gag. I developed Big Brova which got signed to Sony and then blew up then started doing JJC then I started 419 Squad which was a squad of people that was speaking Yoruba and rapping and singing. Along the way, MP brought a guy called Dbanj to my house and D’banj came as normal up and coming artiste will normally do “baba please, your name, you are big, please, help me.” Yeah, of course, like the mugu, mumu button activated JJC, I introduced him to my band, what can you do? He sang, I said “argh, that’s not really goo” and I said “hey duh, the harmonica that you play is really good, let’s work on that one and develop your style. Along the way another guy called Kas “fimile” brought Don Jazzy to my house. Don Jazzy at that time was playing for Solek as a piano player and all that tungba music stuff in London. And D’banj and Don Jazzy now was working with me. The thing that upset was the article said that they were working 4 years and didn’t get anywhere. You tell me where you could be? I took all of them to Womag which is the biggest African world stage there could be. We were performing at every show and anything that was happening JJC and 419 was doing it. We were the top of the game and a lot of people can actually testify to that. What are you crying about? I didn’t pay you to come and perform? You were nobody, nobody knew you so why would I pay you to come and perform? I was giving you an opportunity, giving you a platform to come and perform so I don’t understand that. Number two, the article said something about how I cheated Don Jazzy. Don Jazzy?! Cheated Don Jazzy? How come Don Jazzy didn’t say that for himself?


Wande Coal “implicated”

You tell me what he said that I cheated him. I taught him how to produce which made him Don Jazzy that he is today. I used to pay him a thousand pounds every month in 2004, which was almost 250k for being a trainee.

Now I come back to Nigeria to come and do Awooof and I see Don Jazzy, D’banj. Don Jazzy was even talking to me, D’banj was carrying himself like a super star. Yes he has made something of himself and salute to the music that Don Jazzy made, salute to the lyrics that Don Jazzy wrote cos I know from Mobolowowon all the way all the way na me and Don Jazzy write am. Now the rest of the songs that followed I’m sure Don Jazzy wrote it. And if na lie let me hear, even Wande Coal don tell me say na Don Jazzy and him dey work for the records. (at this point implication by Tuface plays as a picture of Wande Coal is shown and I could not but wonder what that’d mean as he now has to grant his own interview)

…and now what, because you are Mr. D’banj eh eh koro koro ko ko you think you are God, you call yourself Jesus of Nigerian music. I paid them to learn how to become better themselves so that you can become someone big and then you turn around and be slandering my name? ki lo nse e now?! (what is wrong with you now?!)
You have the mouth, the mouth, to say it after you don eat my food, sleep in my bed, eh eh (as he places his right hand on his head as if to say “I don suffer.” I even give you girl, you are the one that was the bad seed in the box and then and that’s so obvious. You know what, truth is truth, if you wanna hear the truth it’s truth, listen I am against 419 squad, that’s JJC against 419 squad. Now within my team, people like “Dbanj? And whatever they were other names were 419ners and I didn’t accept it that’s why we had so many clashes. The reason why we even wrote the song “Mobolowowon” was because he was running from the police. Yes, it’s good to glamourize and make it all fun but the reality was it was affecting his career. Now when he came to Nigeria he did good job based on one thing, the fact that Don Jazzy was standing behind him. If D’banj wants to mention my name he should just say “thank you.” Because truly you will not have the Fela swag if not for me. You will not have the right beats if not for Don Jazzy, you will not have lyrics if not for all of us. So when you hear our name or anyone say “what about JJC, what about D’banj eh Don Jazzy you should go “Ah, those guys, na babas” that’s all I ever ask from you. All I ever ask from you is respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment